There are 4 open board positions to be filled at this year’s annual potluck on October 27th (more potluck information here).
The LCFM Board of Directors is made up of an enthusiastic group of both market vendors and community members. Elected board members serve a two-year term, with the option of being re-elected for a total of two consecutive terms. (Then, sorry, you must take at least a year off before running again!)
The commitment and expectations are as follows.
Board members are expected to:
- Be present at board meetings (there are a minimum of 4 board meetings per year, usually more concentrated in the few months before market season)
- Do their part to help organize the Potluck & Annual Meeting
Board members are also greatly encouraged to:
- Join one or more committee of their choosing (more about committees below)
- Spend time at the market- either behind the counter at the LCFM booth or just enjoying the scene!
- Participate in relevant email discussions
- Feel abundantly privileged to be part of the positive change that the LCFM represents
Committees take on special projects that we hope will improve the overall market experience and encourage more community involvement (non-board members are welcome to join committees as well!). Current committees are:
- Advertising and Promotions
- Special Events
- Veggie Voucher Program.
There are lots of exciting projects in the works, and still more on the “To-Do List,” waiting for the right time and people to take them on. Some of these projects include:
- Refining and expanding our community outreach
- Fostering partnerships with other community-oriented organizations and schools
- A yearly poster contest for market advertising
- Improving the Veggie Voucher Program funding and utilization
So if this sounds like something you’d like to get involved with, please come to the potluck on October 27th! The way this election works, you must be nominated by a LCFM member. If you’re not sure you know someone who can nominate you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’d love to get to know you a bit more and help you join the team!
You too must be a LCFM member to vote or run for board election; membership sign up will be available on site at the potluck, or print out a membership application here.
Bruce and Grace Spencer, owners of Spencer Fruit Organics, are two much-loved farmers who bring beautiful produce and products to our market each week. We are so sorry to learn about Bruce’s horrible accident, and all wish him a speedy recovery and quick return home. The Spencers and their farming family are in our thoughts!
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 Bruce was the victim of a horrible farm accident involving a propane tank fire. That fire burned Bruce over much of his body and he was air-lifted to Harborview Hospital Burn Center in Seattle where they say he will probably remain for a month. There will be therapy and Bruce will also be restrained from much physical activity till spring of 2014.
Please show your support by clicking on the link below to donate to the Bruce Spencer Fund, and by spreading the word. Thank you!
Welcome to our new site! There are three pages, on the 2012 Market Page you will find a partial list of vendors for 2012. If you are an existing vendor of potential vendor, visit the “For Vendors” page.
Some dates to remember…
April 22, 2012, noon-4 PM, Lion’s Club Park- Earth Day Celebration and Farmers Market Showcase. Farmers will be selling plant starts, fruit, greens, asparagus, and sheep milk cheeses.
June 7, 2012, 4-8 PM, Lion’s Club Park- The first market of 2012!